Type: Full time
Salary: £ Competitive
The Flooring Group – Trainee Job Description:
The role is for a general daytime Trainee with The Flooring Group Ltd
The Flooring Group has been established as a family business since 1973, with several showrooms throughout London and a Commercial Division. With over 40% of The Flooring Group’s staff having come through the business, The Flooring Group has a commitment to sourcing and developing young talent.
The main duty of the apprentice will be to learn about the flooring trade in order to answer phone calls and serve customers appropriately.
The apprentice will also be required to go on estimates with managers to customer’s premises and also to site with installers in order to enhance their learning of the trade.
Manual lifting may also be required, sometimes heavy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
· Preparing orders by processing requests and supply orders
· Packing and wrapping boxes.
· Placing orders in the delivery area.
· Checking for damaged or missing items
· Moving items either manually or via machine.
· Keeping accurate stock records.
· Answering phone calls from customers as and when required.
· Maintaining safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities;
1. Learn all aspects of the flooring trade with the intention to grow within the business.
2. Gain knowledge and understanding of The Flooring Group’s procedures and commitment to service.
3. To maintain a high level of customer service and courtesy at all times and know at what point when to escalate a problem to our control team or customer services department and how to handle the situation without causing any offence or further distress to clients.
4. To dress in a manner (where required) which is suitable for the work being carried out, and to ensure it is never offensive or derogatory to our clientele in anyway. If mandatory uniform is provided, to make sure that it is kept clean and presentable. Also because this role is heavily customer facing, you must ensure that you maintain a high level of personal hygiene at all times.
5. To report to The Flooring Group and to the appropriate authorities in a timely manner any accidents that you may have been involved in and to complete accurately all paperwork required by the authorities, ourselves or any of the insurance companies that we use.
Whilst completing the apprenticeship qualification the post holder is required to work under direction to meet individual work targets and the priority demands of the team. Any manual lifting required will also be expected to be conducted. As the role is heavily customer facing, you will be required to be well presented when meeting clients with suitable attire.
The post holder will be encouraged to use their initiative to complete certain tasks, with close supervision. Whilst creativity is not essential to this role, you will be encouraged to work in an innovative way that explores possibilities for service improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• An effusive, positive can-do attitude and a determination to learn and progress through the business. Also a commitment to stay with a company for the long-term
• Interest in construction
• Computer usability
• A strong commitment towards successfully completing the NVQ.
• A positive attitude towards customer service and being able to work well with others.
• Maintain a good level of customer
• Ability to respond flexibly to changing demands.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to maintain a high standard of reliability and time keeping.
• Have excellent organisation skills
• Have a high level of personal hygiene and be well presented
• Be able to follow instructions
• Be physically fit and prepared to work under all weather conditions
• Be able to maintain confidentiality
• Be able to keep, load and unload goods in a safe and secure manner
• Experience of communicating well with others
• Experience of delivering customer service
• Experience of working outdoors
Closing date: 21-10-18
Start date: 29-10-18
To Apply for this vacancy please click on the APPLY button below and follow the application instructions.