Type: Part time
Salary: £10.60 Hourly
Location: Hammersmith & Fulham
PART TIME - DRIVERS REQUIRED!
Want to provide transport for Hammersmith and Fulham? CPC are looking for qualified D or D1 drivers.
The Type of Licence required is a D or D1 with CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence Card).
Working hours are usually in the region of 7:00 – 10:00AM and 14:00 – 17:00hrs.
CT Plus provides a user-led door-to-door passenger transport service for children with special learning needs and other vulnerable members of the community.
It is essential that the services we provide have a strong customer focus, which includes safe, careful driving and helpful courteous staff, with a focus on meeting service users’ needs.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role of PCV Driver will be to drive and escort service users safely in to and from their homes to a school and other destinations as is necessary. The post holder may be undertaking driving duties without a passenger assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Adherence to CT Plus’s Equal Opportunities policy at all times.
1. Drive vehicles in a manner that ensures the safety and comfort of passengers, care and consideration for other road users.
2. Provide support to service users to and from their own homes and in the community, with the aim of assisting them to maintain their optimum level of independence.
3. Carry out daily inspections of vehicles and vehicle equipment and report all defects according to the CT Plus’s procedures.
4. Wash and clean the interior and exterior of vehicles as required.
5. Refuel vehicles as required in accordance with procedures.
6. Assist with parking and security of vehicles as required.
7. Remove and replace seats as required.
8. Keep records of journeys undertaken for monitoring purposes.
9. Assist with the preparation of driving schedules as is necessary.
Passenger Assistance Duties
1. Operate passenger lifts, portable ramps, wheelchair restraints and passenger’s safety belts in line with the manufacturer’s instructions and other set standards.
2. Assist and support passengers with boarding and alighting vehicles and into their homes and schools, helping with bags or personal mobility aids as required.
3. To act as passenger assistant as required, supporting passengers during journeys in an active and inclusive manner.
4. Manoeuvre manual and powered wheelchairs on and off vehicles and ensure all safety procedures are carried out during the operation of the passenger lift/ramp and when securing wheelchairs and using passenger safety belts.
1. Deal responsibly with any emergencies occurring during journeys in accordance with CT Plus’s procedures.
2. Ensure duties start punctually by reporting for duty at the specified times and ensure all services run to agreed times, wherever possible.
3. Use communications equipment to contract depot base and/or schools/parents according to procedures, and to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the service.
4. Communicate with passengers, service users and clients in a patient informative, non-patronising manner and promote all services operated by CT Plus in a positive fashion.
5. Wear the specified uniform and name badge at all times when on duty and ensure garments are kept in a clean and presentable condition at all times.
6. Assist with staff induction and training, where requited.
7. Maintain good working relations with all members of staff, volunteers and trainees.
8. Work within CT Plus‘s Code of Conduct for Drivers and Escorts.
9. Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by line manager or day centre managers.
Health and Safety
1. To comply with the statutory provision of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation or policy and procedures of CT Plus Group relating to health and safety, duty of care and good practice.
1. Ability to work to CT Plus’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
2. Hold a PCV (category D1) driving licence and have three years PCV driving experience
3. Willing to undertake and to satisfy and continue to satisfy a DBS check.
4. Have a genuine interest in working with vulnerable people.
5. Ability to communicate with people in a clear, pleasant and friendly manner.
6. Have a good level of literacy, with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
7. Be physically fit, with particular reference to back problems and injuries.
8. Ability to understand duty rosters, timetables and schedules.
9. Available for all rostered duties, which may sometimes include evenings, weekends and bank holidays, as appropriate.
10. Ability to complete records accurately.
11. Ability to work flexibly on own initiative and as part of a team.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Qualities
1. Knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with special needs and other debilitating conditions.
2. To be able to respond to people who may be confused or distressed or ask repetitive questions in an appropriate manner.
3. To be sensitive to the needs of frail/vulnerable people.
4. Able to communicate with people in a clear, pleasant and friendly manner.
5. To have an awareness of the mobility problems of people with a range of disabilities.
6. To attend meetings and training as required.
7. Hold a current First Aid qualification.
8. Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment.
9. Ability to use sign language.
Drivers will have to undertake enhanced DBS check.
The type of service is home to school convey for Special Educational Needs residents & Elderly residents (Adult Social Care).
Closing date: 10-12-18
Start date: 11-12-18
To Apply for this vacancy please click on the APPLY button below and follow the application instructions.