Type: Full time
Salary: £ Competitive
Location: Hammersmith & Fulham
The employer of this apprenticeship is a client of St William on a St William site.
Formworkers contribute to the construction of projects through the preparation, installation and quality management of all stages of the formwork and falsework process. Preparing falsework that provides temporary support structures for forms and undertake formwork. This includes producing panels and fittings that mould to form a desired shape with concrete, such as slabs, support beams, columns and walls.
• Work safely and securely in compliance with given information
• Conform with productive working practices and completing the work in accordance with the programme of work
• Follow verbal and written work instructions from supervisors and site managers
• Access, interpret and use drawings and specifications
• Select the required resources including tools and fixtures
• Move, handle and store resources complying with relevant legislation & guidance
• Use and maintain power tools and equipment
• Prepare to, then direct and guide the movement of vehicles, plant or machinery
• Form, assemble, repair, erect and strike formworks using a range of formwork systems for applications including wall, slabs/bases, columns, beams and precast units to support concrete
• Understand building methods and construction technology for different types of building structures
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Effective communication - oral, written, electronic, listening, body language and presentation.
• Customer service – develop customer relationships; build customer confidence; meet expectations and contribute to the development of an ongoing relationship with the organisation
• Respect - apply equality, diversity and inclusion in dealing with others.
• Team work - work effectively and safely with others under minimum supervision.
• Independent working - take responsibility for safe completion of your own work.
• Logical thinking - use clear and valid reasoning when making decisions to undertake the work instructions and when problem solving
• Working effectively - undertake the work in a reliable, safe and productive manner.
• Time management - use own time effectively to complete the work instructions to schedule and always arrive at, and be ready to work on time
• Adaptability - be able to adjust to changes to the work instructions, be able to identify when specialist advice may be needed and when to advise of the need to change work instructions.
• Risk Management - be able to resist pressures to follow unsafe working practices
• Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
• For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship English and maths minimum requirement is Entry level 3 and British Sign Language qualifications are an alternative to English qualifications for who this is their primary.
Apply Now >>> Send your CV to email@example.com - please specify in the subject line which company and role you are applying for.
Closing date: 03-09-20
Start date: 04-09-20
To Apply for this vacancy please click on the APPLY button below and follow the application instructions.