To ensure that Void properties are controlled and delivered within the time frames required and to meet the minimum standard set by the Client. To ensure an excellent customer experience at all times.
- To ensure that void properties are controlled and delivered within the time frames required and to meet the minimum standards set by the Client and minimum performance levels expected by the business.
- To ensure that that ULPS staff provide exceptional customer experience at all levels and challenge poor behaviors that detract from this goal or do not enhance the ULPS brand.
- To proactively achieve the partnership goals through managing directly employed teams, and also Sub Contract Partners (SCP), as required and to post inspect at a minimum level of 100% of all works on completion.
- To manage direct labour operatives both ensuring adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP), expected performance criteria and ensuring that support is given on any technical problems raised by all staff.
- To support the out of hours’ service as required by the contract.
- To review systems and process and look to set new targets and continuously improve KPI’s throughout the team and the process.
- To specify work in conjunction with the LBHF client, order works and manage void materials.
- To support the responsive repairs team/supervisor when needed.
- Record what is required within the property and produce a schedule of works and cost estimate for the void to be agreed by the client.
- Ensuring work is correctly allocated to operatives and or subcontractors
- Effectively manage and control the team within your remit and control and monitor performance.
- Ensure the implementation of all ULPS policies with regard to employees
- Ensure voids are completed in a timely manner and the actual start and finish time and date is recorded accurately.
- Ensure that works are ordered in line with subcontractor agreements
- Ensure that work in progress is monitored by you on a daily basis so you can report back to the client and contract teams as required.
- To specify, order and manage void materials ensuring large material items are pre-ordered & delivered/collected in time to ensure prompt completion of the void works
- Ensure that all information relating to the voids are recorded on OneServe and updated were necessary. Scrutinise and sign off all time sheets, and approve sub-contract invoices submitted prior to payment.
- Measure each team member and subcontractors output and report back weekly on performance against target for each team member to the line manager.
- Carry out inspections
- Assist the Contract Manager when required in dealing with Disrepair, snagging, complaints and recall tasks and manage these proactively.
- Ensure that all staff and sub-contractors are aware of and receive training in all relevant H&S issues. To assist in chairing and recording all tool box talks that are held on a monthly basis. COSHH data to be maintained and updated for the team.
- Ensure all operatives keep their vehicles clean and tidy at all times and wear the appropriately logo'd corporate clothing
- Ensure that you and all of your team members/sub-contractors are courteous to residents and clients at all times and that high levels of customer satisfaction are obtained.
- Make sure that all are recorded in a timely manner and that procedures are followed and follow ups are used in all team talks.
- Carry out inductions for all new team members/sub-contractors and record these
- To keep adequate HR records in order to manage all members of staff within your management chain.
Post holder may also be required to undertake other related duties not listed in this Job Description from time to time according to the needs of the business
- Minimum 5 years in the construction field or related service provision
- Experience in working within time and budget restraints
- Experience of managing both directly employed labour and sub-contractors.
- Understanding the customers both internally and externally & work towards driving impeccable
- Takes ownership of issues/problems and personally sees them through to delivery.
- Is able to critique processes/procedures and can recommend improvements that have a
- Computer literate with word and excel skills to a basic level.
- Health & Safety awareness and training to the required CITB industry standard.
- Proven communication Skills including report writing, e-mails & verbal communication.
- Customer Focused
- Planning & Organising excellence
- Natural Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication skills – oral & written
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Good Judgement Skills
- Personal –Integrity
- Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Problem Solver
- Team player