Purpose of The Role
The Supervisor supports the Store Manager in driving revenue, controlling costs, leading & empowering teams, developing and retaining talent within the store whilst delivering all legal compliance procedures.
The Supervisor supports the Store Manager to achieve maximum sales and to train, develop and manage the team. The Supervisor will continuously seek new opportunities and ways of working that will create a better business by using their own initiative.
The Supervisor acts as ‘the manager on duty’ in the absence of the Store/Assistant Manager.
Drives Business Results
Accountable for assisting the Store Manager with controllable costs in store and ensure compliance to store targets / goals
Manages effectively through holiday scheduling and management of sickness / lateness in store
Drives the analysis of performance through the business KPI’s.
Ambassador for the Brand
- Assists in leading the store teams to deliver the best customer experience
- Visual execution and optimal use of both space and fixtures.
- Fitting Rooms Service / Steps of Service (SOS)
- Organise and complete shop floor replenishment
- Customer outfitting / personal stylists
- Develops and trains sales-oriented Sales Assistants equipped with product knowledge
- Identifies and resolves problem areas
- Supports the Management team to provide outstanding leadership to the store teams generating high levels of motivation and commitment
- Supports the Management team and execution of the stores people plan
- Provides coaching and development to ensure the store is constantly striving to up-grade and develop its talent
- Ensures performance and potential is monitored continuously to provide a knowledgeable and effective Sales Assistants resource through PDP’s
- Live performance Management, supporting the performance in store with the Managers to create a climate of high quality feedback, coaching and development
- Creates training and development plans using PDP’s
- Ensures full training for all employees
- Ensures product availability, accurate data integrity & stock control
- Ensures compliance with statutory and policy led controls
- Delivers proposed action or programs initiated to reduce stock loss levels (RFID) in store
- Monitors the effectiveness of such programs
- Supports the training of store employees on loss prevention related areas
- Proven exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence
- Must have high sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to work independently and to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- Allocates time effectively, handles multiple demands and has proven ability to prioritise daily tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
Please note all accountabilities listed above are inclusive but not exhaustive of all requirements of the role.