Type: Full time
Salary: £ Excellent
Location: Westfield London
DEPUTY STORE MANAGER*
FULL TIME – 40+ HRS
WESTFIELD LONDON – FLAGSHIP STORE
*APPLICANTS MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL ABROAD FOR TRAINING
AND HAVE THE CORRECT DOCUMENTS
To support the Store Manager in the management of the store and the team and to take ownership of the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
DUTIES OF THE DEPUTY STORE MANAGER– Associated tasks
A. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
1. To organise and distribute tasks and positions to each member of the team.
a. To participate in the store plannings.
b. To deal with unforeseen situations by providing solutions in order to optimise the workforce.
2. To communicate actively with the team, according to requirements.
a. To regularly participate in daily meetings to explain the targets and give information for immediate application.
b. To help prepare and participate in weekly meetings on sales targets, product information and other matters of interest for the team.
3. To ensure a good level of customer service in the team.
a. To ensure that each member of the team knows and applies the Customer Service Standard and the Service Policy.
b. To manage and attend to customer requests and/or complaints displaying an exemplary attitude.
4. To participate in the recruitment of store personnel and learn to do it on your own.
5. To actively collaborate in the correct integration of all new employees.
a. To participate in their induction plan.
b. To undertake continuous monitoring during their training.
c. To mentor and encourage the progress and development of each employee.
6. To detect the potential of each employee and mentor them in their development.
a. To be able to delegate in an effective and efficient manner.
b. To monitor the team in their everyday work.
c. To play a key role in the development of the management team.
7. To support with the effective management of personnel administration duties.
a. To manage the recruitment of new employees.
b. To participate in the recording and monitoring of all incidents – hours, absenteeism, holidays, etc.
c. To systematically report and advise on all incidents in order to avoid potential problems or conflict.
8. To monitor and ensure the correct personal and professional image of the team.
a. To supply uniforms and ensure they are worn.
b. To advise on and explain the importance of personal image to each member of the team (uniform, make-up, hair, etc.).
9. Wherever necessary, to manage potential conflict in the correct manner.
10. To ensure compliance with the regulations and the legislation.
a. To be familiar with the internal regulations and apply them.
b. To report on employment legislation issues that affects the store.
B. BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1. To actively participate in planning the required measures in order to meet targets.
2. To analyse management indicators and costs in order to improve them.
a. To monitor the key store indicators.
b. To apply proposals in order to optimise them (Overall and Individual Action Plans).
3. To continuously monitor sales and customer service.
a. To continuously report to and motivate the team in order maximise sales.
4. During busy periods, to dedicate time to direct selling alongside the team.
a. To be able to advise customers and gain their loyalty.
b. To lead by example and act as a role model for members of the team.
5. To supervise and apply administrative procedures according to the internal regulations.
6. To apply all instructions received (HQ, Area/Regional Manager, etc.) and report on them (if necessary).
7. To carry out strict supervision of the entire cash handling procedure.
8. To participate in the optimisation of internal resources and try to minimise expenses e.g. optimisation of the workforce, suppliers, etc.
9. To communicate and pass on any information that may affect sales.
C. PRODUCT AND MERCHANDISING
1. To be familiar with the collection and maximise sales (initial order, entries, etc.).
a. To analyse and interpret delivery notes, out of stock items, etc.
2. To participate in the implementation of Merchandising standards.
a. To report on the Merchandising cards and the display regulations.
3. To know the profitability of the store and furniture displays in order to maximise sales.
4. To be familiar with and apply the replenishing standards of the store.
a. To monitor the different replenishment channels and optimise them.
5. To respect and monitor compliance with merchandising and furniture display guidelines.
6. To produce stylings, silhouettes and combinations on a regular basis.
a. To participate in store merchandising changes.
7. To control and manage stock (both in transit and in the stockroom) and inventories.
8. To ensure the correct end of season return (inventories).
9. To ensure compliance with the store image, maintenance and window dressing standards.
a. On a daily basis, to inspect the different aspect s that affect the store image – cleaning, music, lighting, window displays, etc.
b. To participate in the strict monitoring of suppliers and maintenance companies.
10. To provide product feedback (his/hers and customers’).
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO:
OR APPLY ONLINE:
Closing date: 13-07-18
Start date: 16-07-18
To Apply for this vacancy please click on the APPLY button below and follow the application instructions.